Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Dueling halted

Be still my heart, my children used their nails, arms, and hands in a way that didn't end up in screaming, crying, or otherwise irrational behavior tonight!  Albert got out his GIANT book of Pokémon creatures and stated that he would like to draw the figures.  So I said, no problem.  Hope, of course, stated that she too would like to draw a Pokémon... because no one can do anything in solitude in our house.  Normally this would end up in a fighting match between the two, however, Al said.. hey, Hope, just follow my directions and Ill teach you how to draw them.  He then proceeded to instruct her step by step how to draw each figure.  It was so cute!  I couldn't believe it.  He would praise her periodically on what a great job she was doing and then proceed with his instruction.. "no put one line down through the middle of the box... oh, wow, hope, youre doing a really good job".  I think the praise allowed her to move past the fact that her brother was telling her what to do.  So funny.

No comments: